- 1Digitopia Finished Feb 08, 2013
- 2Living Fashion Finished Feb 22, 2013
- 3Imagine Science Finished Mar 08, 2013
- 4Good Eats Finished Mar 22, 2013
- 5Mashup Madness Finished Apr 12, 2013
- 6Street Life Finished May 03, 2013
- Semi-FinalTime Finished May 17, 2013
- FinalLove Finished May 31, 2013
- StartRegister Now! Finished Sep 08, 2013
- Pre-SeasonOur World Finished Sep 30, 2013
- 1Money Talks Finished Oct 31, 2013
- 2(We Are) Animals Finished Nov 30, 2013
- 3Invent Your School Finished Jan 31, 2014
- 4The Blues Finished Feb 28, 2014
- 5Space Invaders Finished Mar 31, 2014
- Semi-FinalInner Visions Started Apr 01, 2014
- FinalPower to the (Young) People Starting May 01, 2014
Money Makes The World Go Round...
Saying something with a fist full of cash just isn’t the same as saying it with a fist full of skin. Money talks.
But what does it say? And should we be listening?
The bible says the love of money is the root of all evil. Is money itself the problem or just our obsession with it?
So many things in our world are decided by money. How did we even get here? How can we justify someone being born rich and another person being born poor? How much is a billion dollars? How much is 20 bucks to someone who hasn’t eaten in a week?
There are two sides to every coin: the haves and the have nots. But coins exist in alternate dimensions too, as global capital, as speculative investment, as personal and national debt. How much do you owe anyway?
What would you do for money? What should you do for money? What does money do for you? What does it do to you?
A lot of visual artists critique money, even though some paintings sell for as much as 250 million dollars! But here’s a bank of imaginary art money that asks “what if love was the root of all money?”
Pop music seems to be obsessed with money these days. It used to be some singers sang about being millionaires as a joke. Now they sing about being billionaires and mean it, while some kings of bling actually are. Though other rappers reject hip hop’s fixation with getting rich or die trying.
Some people are trying to replace money with barter economies and some strange gift economies are thriving. Kiva.org has built a global microfinance system to help people who have money in rich countries to help people in poor countries start businesses. Meanwhile Kickstarter, Indiegogo and other crowdsourcing platforms are enabling fans to finance their favorite artists lives and projects directly. Is the internet changing money forever?
|Rank||Team||Entry 1||Entry 2||Entry 3||Media Views||Social Rank||Game
|1||Saint Strivers Energy II||2.83||2.73||2.94||468||1||56652||9|
|2||Traverse City Titans Energy II||2.95||2.71||2.60||677||2||54489||8|
|3||John P. Stevens Media Team Energy I||2.80||2.59||2.88||1089||3||54004||7|
|4||École secondaire publique De La Salle Media Team Energy I||2.92||1.79||0.00||359||4||30431||6|
|5||Harry S Truman Senior High School Media Team Energy II||2.35||2.41||0.00||155||6||30027||5|
|6||North Point High School Media Team Energy I||1.33||1.53||0.00||94||8||17712||4|
|7||Westside Secondary School Media Team Energy II||2.72||0.00||0.00||249||5||17384||3|
|8||Lakeside Creators Energy I||2.73||0.00||0.00||154||7||17065||2|
|9||Inderkum High Media Team Energy II||1.81||0.00||0.00||53||9||11023||1|