- 1Digitopia Finished Feb 08, 2013
- 2Living Fashion Finished Feb 22, 2013
- 3Imagine Science Finished Mar 08, 2013
- 4Good Eats Finished Mar 22, 2013
- 5Mashup Madness Finished Apr 12, 2013
- 6Street Life Finished May 03, 2013
- Semi-FinalTime Finished May 17, 2013
- FinalLove Finished May 31, 2013
- StartRegister Now! Finished Sep 08, 2013
- Pre-SeasonOur World Finished Sep 30, 2013
- 1Money Talks Finished Oct 31, 2013
- 2(We Are) Animals Finished Nov 30, 2013
- 3Invent Your School Starting Jan 01, 2014
- 4The Blues Starting Feb 01, 2014
- 5Space Invaders Starting Mar 01, 2014
- Semi-FinalInner Visions Starting Apr 07, 2014
- FinalPower to the (Young) People Starting May 01, 2014
STARTING ON February 01, 2014
You are a fan of the blues.
Even if you don't know it yet. But deep down you are a fan of the blues through and through.
Because most of the music you love is infused with the blues. Most of the beats that rev you up have deep roots in the blues. Hiphop, Rock and Roll, Reggae, R’n’B, Funk, Soul, Jazz, EDM, and many more styles of music all have their roots in the blues, as reflections of African-American life in song. They are all based in one way or another on the blues.
Love your music? Know your history. Know the blues. Go home.
You’ve got the new blues by the likes of the Black Keys and the old blues by the likes of Howlin Wolf, and even older blues by the great Bessie Smith. And there’s a reason they call it Rhythm’n’Blues – because it’s just the old blues with more rhythm.
African-Americans gave the world the blues. But we all live it. Every day, every day we get the blues.