Links to Other Site
In the course of operating the Service, the League collects two types of information about our users: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
"Personal Information" means personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address and gender. Business contact information such as the name, title, company name, school/business address, email address or telephone number of a business or of an employee of an organization is not Personal Information. Personal Information is collected by us and provided by you when registering and creating an account for the Service. If you contact the League directly, we may also keep a record of your communication in order to respond to you. We may also receive Personal Information from other third parties where such third parties have confirmed to us that you have permitted them to share your Personal Information.
"Non-Personal Information" means information that is of an anonymous nature, such as your Internet Protocol Address ("IP Address"), the domain you may have used to access the Service, the type and version of web browser, hardware or operating system you may be using, and the website you may have come from and visit after leaving the Service. Aggregated and anonymous information, such as general demographic statistics of our users (e.g., average age or geographical locations of our users), number of visitors and average time spent on the Service, is also considered Non-Personal Information.
Non-Personal Information is collected or compiled by us in the course of operating the Service. Our web servers may automatically collect Non-Personal Information which is provided through your web browser or stored on a Cookie (as defined below) or through a Web Beacon (as defined below) when you visit the Service.
Use of Personal Information
Personal Information is used by the League for the following purposes:
- Providing you with the Service and with information that you have requested from us. From time to time, we may use your Personal Information to contact you about news and developments related to the Service.
- If you enter a contest or other promotion offered on or through the Service, we may, in accordance with the rules of the contest, use your name and certain other Personal Information in relation to operating the contest, such as contacting, announcing and promoting the winners of the contest.
- If specifically requested by you, the League may send you emails about products and services that may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of our emails.
- The League may use Personal Information when investigating a potential contravention of federal, provincial or foreign law or in order to protect or defend its legal interests.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will never sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone.
We will only disclose your Personal Information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your Personal Information for a designated purpose.
- As may be set out in the Terms and Conditions or Rulebook applicable to the Service, in order to provide the Service.
- Where the third parties are acting as our agents, suppliers or service providers (excluding sponsors or advertisers), in order to provide you with the Service. Our contracts with these third parties will require them to maintain confidentiality and to use Personal Information information only for purposes related to the Service.
- Where required by law, including an order of any court, institution or body with jurisdiction or authority to compel the production of information, or in order to protect or defend the League’s legal interests.
In certain areas, such as when you provide sensitive information to us (such as credit card information), we will help protect the security of this information during transmission by using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
You can help protect the security of your Personal Information. Keep your account identifier and password confidential and secure. Notify the League immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. Remember to log out of your account and close your web browser when you finish using the Service.
Accessing and Changing Account Information
Through the Service, you may access, update, edit or request the removal of your account or registration information you may have provided to us at any time.
If you encounter difficulties in accessing your account information through the Service, or if you are unsure whether we have collected any of your Personal Information, please send an email to the League at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you decide that you no longer want to receive any emails to which you have subscribed, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of our emails.
Use of Non-Personal Information
Non-Personal Information may be collected or compiled by us in the course of operating the Service. For example, our web servers may automatically collect Non-Personal Information which is provided through your web browser or stored on a Cookie or through a Web Beacon when you choose to visit the Service.
Non-Personal Information is generally used by the League to monitor and improve the operation of the Service, to perform analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, to measure user demographics and interests, to describe our services to third parties such as prospective business partners and advertisers and to analyze how and where best to use our resources. No Personal Information will be disclosed during these activities.
The League may also use Non-Personal Information to inform our sponsors and advertisers regarding the performance of a particular sponsorship, contest or advertisement. In such case we will only disclose to those third-party sponsors and advertisers the overall anonymous, aggregate demographics available, for example, with respect to those who participated in a contest or clicked on a particular advertisement. No Personal Information will be disclosed to these sponsors and advertisers as part of this process.
The League may use your IP Address to display more appropriate and relevant content and advertising, such as content based on your general location. Anonymous aggregated information derived from IP Addresses may be reported by the League to its advertisers and partners. The League may also use your IP Address to diagnose and fix technical problems.
The Service may from time to time contain electronic images known as "Web Beacons"or single-pixel gifs that allow the League to count visitors to certain pages and to deliver certain services. Web Beacons are only used to compile anonymous aggregated statistics about usage and do not access any Personal Information. The Service may also contain Web Beacons placed there by advertising partners or web analytics service providers.
Questions, Comments and Suggestions